Full-time makeup course where you’ll learn all the top techniques, tips, and tools of the trade. Sea Point, Cape Town.
3 days a week from 9:00 – 14:00
- This is a full-time makeup course for anyone wanting to become a professional makeup artist
- Over the course of the programme, we spend time getting to know each student and their goals so that we can guide them accordingly
- Classes focus on current makeup trends and techniques including bridal makeup, fashion makeup, mature skin techniques, and catwalk makeup
- We also provide lectures and notes on how to find work as a makeup artist for bridal work, photoshoots, commercials, or fashion
- A special effects workshop can be included in the course at no extra cost (pending demand)
- A basic hairstyling course for fashion and bridal hair is also included in this course
- Price: R 15000.00*
*Please note: Make-up Stars Cape Town requires a deposit of R7500 to book your spot. The balance of the course fee is due before the first lesson.
Certification is provided to all students on completion of a course. Diplomas are awarded to Part-Time and Full-Time Course students who have chosen to do a practical exam. Students need to attain 80% to receive a diploma. The practical exam is arranged at the end of each course. The exam is not compulsory.
Enquire here for next available course dates.
- Professional products, tools, and hygiene
- Designing your makeup kit
- The basic application that includes all the steps of applying makeup: primer, foundation, concealer, powder, defining eyebrows, eye shadow application, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, lips
- Learn how to apply makeup onto mature skin
- Fashion photographic makeup techniques – including smokey eyes and creative applications suitable for catwalk and fashion shoots
- Blending techniques – using brushes, fingers, and sponges
- Eyebrow shaping, defining, and pencil art
- Creating illusion with makeup
- Detailed notes are provided on bridal makeup and photoshoots: learn about the industry and how to find work as a makeup artist
- Natural and more dramatic applications – suitable for bridal, special occasions, and shoots. We also include a focus on Indian bridal makeup
- False lashes – individual and full sets, using liquid liner
- Colour theory
- Speed tests – learn to apply makeup quickly and effectively
- Colour correcting
- Highlighting and corrective techniques
- Period makeup from 1920 to present day
- Special effects workshop
- The power of contouring
- Hair tools, products, and their uses:
- Setting hair in rollers
- Head sections
- Creating straight hair
- Blow dry with curl and volume
- Blow dry short hair
- Flat iron: sleek for glossy looking hair, flicks, root lift using the iron, curling
- Creating curls with curling tongs
- Up styles and bridal fashion
- Classic French roll and quick buns
- Finger waves
- Clipping in extensions
- Curling tong techniques
- Big hair
- Teasing and smoothing
Makeup kits are not included in the course fees. Students use makeup provided by Make-up Stars Cape Town during the courses.
Upon completion of the makeup course, we assist our students in choosing the right items for their unique kit, based on the requirements of the field that they are wanting to specialise in.
If you would like to purchase your own kit, please let us know in advance.